> Topic Index > P - Topics > Politicians Quotes

Politicians Quotes


These are some of the best 'Politicians' quotations and sayings.

Pages: 123Next

90% of the politicians give the other 10% a bad reputation.

A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!'

A Conservative is a man who will not look at the new moon, out of respect for that ancient institution, the old one.

A councillor ought not to sleep the whole night through - a man to whom the populace is entrusted, and who has many responsibilities.

A disposition to preserve, and an ability to improve, taken together, would be my standard of a statesman.

A ginooine statesman should be on his guard, if he must hev beliefs, not to b'lieve 'em too hard.

A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.

A new Member requires the experience of his first session in the House to teach him how to hang up his overcoat and take his seat in a manner befitting a gentlemen.

A politician . . . one that would circumvent God.

A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.

A politician is a person with whose politics you don't agree; if you agree with him he's a statesman.

a politician is an arse upon which everyone has sat except a man.

All political lives, unless they are cut off in midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Corrupt politicians make the other ten percent look bad.

Don't vote for politicians - it just encourages them.

He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career.

I am not a member of any organized party - I am a Democrat.

I gave 'em a sword. And they stuck it in, and they twisted it with relish. And I guess if I had been in their position, I'd have done the same.

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for the day.


Pages: 123Next